FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DIVISION CHIEF OF TRAINING
The Fox Crossing Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Division Chief of Training.
Typical working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; however, training, responding to incidents and other activities will occur outside of these hours.
The minimum qualifications for this position include the following:
- An Associate's Degree or any combination of fire-related education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible fire service experience, with a minimum of two (2) years service as a company officer.
- A Bachelor's degree in a fire-related field is strongly preferred.
- Applicants must also possess:
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Wisconsin Certified Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Fire Instructor I
- National Registry First Responder
- Driver/Operator – Pumper
- Driver/Operator Aerial
- Fire Inspector I
- Fire Instructor II and Fire Officer I must be completed within 18 months of hire
Other requirements include:
- NIMS 100/200/300/400/700/800
- AHA CPR Instructor certification (within 12 months of hire)
- Ability to meet NFPA 1582 medical requirements
- Comparable certifications from other states will be considered
The selection process will include:
- Physical abilities test
- Oral interviews
- Skills assessment testing
- Medical examination
- Drug test
- Criminal background check
The hiring process is anticipated to be completed December 2021.
The Fox Crossing Fire Department is an accredited, progressive and growing fire department located in East-Central Wisconsin, which covers a 14 square mile area. We respond to approximately 1,100 calls for service each year. The Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical first responder services from two stations to approximately 19,239 residents. We provide automatic aid to several surrounding communities and are part of MABAS Division 123. Fire prevention services and community education are two additional services we provide to our community.
The application and the job description can be found online at the following address:
Please submit your Fox Crossing employment application, resume, cover letter and copies of the required certifications by mail, email or in person no later than 4:30 pm on November 5, 2021 to:
Fox Crossing Human Resources
2000 Municipal Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Questions may be directed to:
Chief Brian Harbison
Assistant Chief Todd Sweeney
The Village of Fox Crossing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.